alex offers daily connections to many interesting cities such as Hof, Schwandorf, Regensburg, Prague, Landshut and Munich.
alex offers you:
- beautiful scenery along the route
- interesting towns and cities for you to discover and explore
- excellent service on the train
- regular seat reservations on commuter trains
- friendly alex train attendants to provide you with travel advice and on-board ticket sales
- friendly advice at the alex customer centre as well as on 089 5488897-25 or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our vehicle fleet
alex - travelling Bavaria from north to south by locomotive
Länderbahn GmbH DLB operates trains between Munich and Regensburg with 5 locomotives from the EuroSprinter family (183 001-005).
Technical data on the electric locomotives
On the non-electrified sections Regensburg-Schwandorf-Hof and Regensburg-Schwandorf-Furth im Wald, 12 EuroRunners (223 061-072) are in service.
Technical data on the diesel locomotives
alex Passenger coaches
The rolling stock consists of 53 modernised ABvmz, Avmz, Bm, Bomz compartment coaches and two modernised n coaches (former “Silberlinge”) converted for the transport of bicycles. Most of the coaches were approved for 200 km/h, but some only for 140 km/h (n coaches) and 160 km/h (Bm, double-decker coaches).
Since the timetable change in December 2017, the so-called TI coaches have also been in use. In addition to the new alex treff area, there are 1st class compartments and other service areas, including a children’s play area.
The conversion of the TI coaches was carried out at the NETINERA factory in Neustrelitz. Like the other alex cars, they are then equipped with Wi-Fi and TFT monitors.